A slice that is perfect as an after dinner treat – Sweet William chocolate and peppermint.
Prep/Cooking time – 40 minutes
Serves – 12-16 pieces
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour (gluten free)
- ½ tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 140g margarine melted (lactose free)
- ¼ cup cream (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups icing sugar (pure)
- Peppermint essence to taste
- To make base-sift flour, baking powder, cocoa into a bowl.
- Add sugar and egg.
- Melt margarine and add to dry ingredients and mix through.
- Using a slice tin sprayed or lined, spread base evenly over and cook until firm at 180°C.
- In a saucepan combine icing sugar, oil and cream (optional) and heat gently until runny.
- Add drops of peppermint essence to taste.
- Once base is out of oven pour over peppermint mixture and allow to set completely.
- For topping put chocolate into a microwave proof dish or jug and heat for about 1 minute or until chocolate is runny.
- Stir in margarine and if chocolate starts to set put back into microwave for 30 seconds to keep hot.
- Spread while hot over peppermint topping.
- Put into fridge to set completely and slice into desired pieces.