Ginger Chocolate Pudding
Delicious & simple pudding of ginger & Sweet William Chocolate w/ a creamy chocolate custard
Prep/Cooking time – 1 hour
Serves – 4
- 100g soft margarine (lactose free)
- 100g plain flour (mixture 3 flours was used – maize, tapioca and rice) (gluten free)
- Baking powder (gluten free)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 25g cocoa powder – sifted
- 50g of ginger – Buderim ginger thinly sliced and chopped up into tiny pieces
- 25g Sweet William Original or Choc Chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (gluten free)
- 300ml milk (lactose free)
- 100g Sweet William Original or Choc Chips
- Lightly grease 4 individual pudding basins.
- Place margarine and sugar in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time mixing well.
- Chop the chocolate and ginger and stir into the mixture.
- Add sifted cocoa and flour and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared basins and level the tops.
- The mixture should fill the basins.
- Cover puddings with a piece of foil wrap and using a rubber secure to the pudding basins.
- Steam for 45 minutes, until puddings are cooked and springy to the touch.
- Meanwhile to make custard beat together egg yolks, sugar and cornflour to form a smooth paste.
- Add lactose free milk and stir until mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Lift the puddings from the steamer, run a knife around the edges of the basins and turn out on to a serving plates.
- Drizzle chocolate custard over and serve with extra thinly sliced ginger.