Date Crunch Slice
A scrumptious slice that is easy and quick to make, a great little addition to the lunchbox.
- 225g sweet biscuits crushed (gluten free)
- 75g margarine (lactose free)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ½ cup dates finely chopped
- 50g coconut
- 75g sultanas
- 150g Sweet William Original or Choc Chips
- Line an 18cm square shallow cake tin with baking paper ensuring that paper extends over sides.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and crush roughly with a rolling pin.
- Gently heat the margarine and syrup in a small saucepan until the margarine has melted.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits, dates, coconut and sultanas and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared tin, press flat with the back of a spoon and chill for one hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof microwave container – takes 2 minutes.
- Spoon over the mixture, spreading evenly with a knife.
- Chill until set.
- Lift out using the sides of the baking paper and peel away paper.
- Cut the date crunch slice into 24 pieces and arrange on a plate.