Chocolate Coated Meringues
These simple chocolate coated meringues are simple and quick to make, great party favourite.
- 4 egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour (gluten free)
- 100g Sweet William Original or Choc Chips
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add caster sugar and cornflour and beat until caster sugar is dissolved and the meringue mixture is stiff and glossy. Add sugar a little at a time to make this step easier.
- Using a piping bag and a 1cm nozzle pipe rosettes or mounds on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in preheated oven 140ºC for one hour and then turn off oven and leave for another hour to allow meringues to dry out.
- Melt 100g Sweet William chocolate in a glass bowl on high for one minute in a microwave.
- Using a pastry brush coat meringues with chocolate and set aside to harden chocolate.